United in STEMM (UiS) provides equitable access to meaningful STEMM focused academic and career development opportunities that are inclusive, rigorous, and culturally relevant and that structurally engage students with supportive faculty and staff.
This program respond directly to the Institution’s opportunity gap closing student success goals.
United in STEMM’s learning objective:
- Create community amongst students of color in STEMM disciplines across academic colleges.
- Foster a network of support between faculty and staff and students of color in STEMM disciplines.
- Provide academic, career, and networking opportunities for students of color in STEMM disciplines.
- Build a network of support for students of color from alumni and professionals of color in STEMM disciplines.
This initiative is planned, implemented, and assessed by the United in STEMM Planning Committee, made up of representatives from:
- College of Agricultural Sciences
- College of Natural Sciences
- College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
- Walter Scott, Jr. College of Engineering
- Warner College of Natural Resources
- College of Health and Human Sciences
- Academic Advancement Center
- Alumni Association
- Corporate Relations
- The Career Center
- Office of Undergraduate Research Artistry
- Institutional Research, Planning, and Effectiveness
- Student Athlete Support Services
- Student Diversity Programs and Services